10/30/08

"Please concoct me some pill I can take"

I have been very stressed, lately.  I have been looking for a job and have no money.  Not to mention my grandmother is in bad shape.  This has of course caused my tics to increase in intensity and frequency.  Some old favorites have come back.  I am riding a strong vocal tic wave, right now.  It's all saliva, throat and breathing stuff.  Not as many facial tics as usual.  But they'll be back.  
I might have found a job today.  This will cause my tics to calm down a bit.  But not, yet.  It doesn't work that way.  It doesn't just get shut off.  I have to wait for it.  It's as if I have a splitting headache and just took two Tylenol.  Now I am just waiting for the pills to kick in.
It's amazing how clear the connection between my stress levels and tic frequency is.  
But if it's not stress it's something else.  There are a million cause and effect scenarios I could list.  It doesn't really matter, I guess.  Knowing what caused this particular increase in intensity is not important.  It's not like once I figure it out I can stop.  
Stress is temporary.  TS is not.

2 comments:

Sue Jones said...

I wish I could help but all I can do is send ((((((hugs))))))))
Does massage help the physical tics?
I ask because my son Dan has some that involve shoulders and face.
Hope your gran gets better.

Tony and Rett said...

I hope you got the job, and I hope your tics have slowed, heck, stopped all together. :)

Glad you posted.