2/5/11

SFW

My wedding is coming up.  I will be getting married in August.  I will be standing in front of everyone I know during the ceremony.  I will be on display.  There will not be a  moment when I know no one is looking and I can sneak a tic or two.  Every second that I am standing up there, at least one person will be looking at me.  So, I will hold the tics back, naturally.  But am I that good?  I wonder what tics will slip through my veil of camouflage.  Maybe I should practice hiding tics.  Or maybe this will be the day it all comes out.  All those who never caught a tic and all those who were not sure if they saw what they think they saw and all those who know my tics all too well will get to see the show.  The Tic show.  It comes with a meal, drinks and dancing.  
To be honest I am not really stressed about it.  I am pretty goddamn good at hiding my tics.  This shall be a nice test of my skills.  I figure if I think about it, I will stress about it.  So, I will not think about it.  It will be what it will be.  So, I'll tic.  So fucking what?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Exactly. So fucking what? It makes no difference to who you are. No better and no worse. Tics aren't really all that interesting in my opinion.

Congrats on the upcoming wedding! I wish you all the best :-)

From a complete stranger who has enjoyed checking in on your blog from time to time. You've come far, mate :-)

Anonymous said...

no kids, right? You once said I was wrong to have a child due to tourette.

Tic Tic Tic Boom said...

Actually, my wife is 7 weeks pregnant. So, life has taken yet another turn. I will be blogging about this soon.